The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) organize the famous edition of
Bastille Day #FIAFBASTILLE
on Sunday, July 9, 2017 from 12pm to 5pm
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), New York’s premiere French cultural center, is delighted to present Bastille Day on 60th Street, New York’s largest, oldest, and liveliest celebration of the friendship between France and the United States. Bastille Day on 60th Street is the best place to celebrate France’s national holiday in New York and will be held on Sunday, July 9, 2017 on East 60th Street between Fifth and Lexington Avenues.
Join us for this unique celebration of French culture featuring live performances, exclusive tastings, face painting, and delicious French treats. Plus, try your luck in our prize drawings!
- Event takes place on Sunday, July 9, 2017 from 12pm to 5pm
- The largest and oldest Bastille Day celebration in New York City
- 40,000 visitors
- Three blocks closed to traffic: between Fifth Avenue and Lexington Avenue, on East 60th Street
- Music & Live Performances on the Main Stage! Including Caribbean Zouk lesson with Franck Muhel; slam and rap featuring Brooklyn rapperNapoleon Da Legendand Québecois slammer Webster; street and hip-hop dancing from It’s Showtime NYC; French DJ Ol’ Stark, renowned French baritone David Serero performing French chansons, variety, and hits from French pop legend Dalida; and the always popular can-candancers.
- Street entertainment and activities including live performances from the Hungry March Band, French mime Catherine Gasta, face painting, and more!
- New York Premiere!Special Screening of Dalida from dir. Liza Azuelos at 5:30pm in FIAF’s Florence Gould Hall
- Delicious French Food including crêpes, éclairs au chocolat, gauffres, macarons, canelés, and other delectable treats. Top-rated French bakeries and restaurants participating this year include Dominique Ansel Bakery, Payard Bakery, Épicerie Boulud, Financier Pâtisserie,Millefeuille Bakery Café, Macaron Café, and Mad Mac, among others.
- Special Champagne & Chocolate Tasting in Le Skyroom
- New!Summer on the French Riviera beer, wine, cocktail and cheese tasting in Tinker Auditorium
- New!Marché français: pop-up boutiques with France’s hottest fashion and beauty brands
- FreeFrench workshops!
- Kids’ Corner & FIAF Pop-Up Library!
- Vintage Citroën car show on Fifth Avenue!
- Prize Drawing
For more information about the event visit: www.bastilledayny.com